Thursday, August 25, 2005

Wrapping It Up

Last entry for my 28th year. Tomorrow I will start another year. And hopefully it will be a better one. I'm sure it will be coz I can feel it already. Then I will be hitting the big 30. Booooooo.

The 28th year of my life was certainly an interesting one. I lived alone in my own apartment for the first time. No roommates, no cats, no dogs, nothing. It was just me and the occasional sound of my TV or sometimes the droning sound of the computer's hard drive. There were the occasional sound of the end of a broomstick hitting my floor which was my neighbor's ceiling. I guess they were irritated by the sound of my closet doors. But who the hell cares! We were all living in an apartment for God's sake. So when I found out that a single mother with her 4 month old baby was moving into my place after I left, I was ecstatic. I'm sure the baby irritated them so bad, more than the sound of my rolling closet doors. Hahaha

I had my first lay-off notice on my 28th year but found a great job before I was actually laid off. I visited Canada for the first time and a few other places, filled my laptop with thousands of pictures and my refrigerator door with souvenir magnets.

Approximately 2 months before my 28th birthday, I met a man that I eventually had a relationship with. I've always called him D in my blog. My 28th birthday was spent with him. As a birthday gift, he decorated my apartment and gave me lots of other stuff. Some of my friends said that D kinda went overboard given the fact that we've only known each other for 1 1/2 months.

It was a rocky 28th year for me; a wild roller coaster ride with my relationship with D. It was a year of loving without reservations and without fear of being alone. It was a year of lies and deception, something I thought would eventually change but never did. It was a year of listening to stories that never added up and acting like I bought every explanation while deep inside I was actually tormented because I knew they were flat lies. Yeah, my 28th year was definitely a year of learning and discovery of what people are made of and of what I am made of.

But hey, here I am, ready to be 29 years old - a year older, a year wiser and 18 lbs. lighter. I'm ready to face life again. So let's get the ball rollin. As Paul Coelho said,

"Life is too short, or too long, for me to allow myself the luxury of living it so badly."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home