Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Home At Last

She moved in today with me. My cat, that is. I'm just letting her roam around my room for now, letting her get used to the environment, familiarizing herself with the smell around her. I had to stop by Pet Food Express earlier to get her a scratching post, a comb and a toy. I was smiling to myself as I browsed around the store coz I remember how I used to hate the pet industry. But don't get me wrong.

I love pets. I always have. But it didn't make sense to me that people spend way too much money on toys and other stuff for their pets while a kid is dying somewhere coz of hunger. Now, I'm one of those people. I've already spent around $120 for food, litter box, litter, scratching post, toy and comb. I also paid $25 to get her microchipped. But I was thinking, well, I have already given my life for the cause of saving humanity one life at a time. It shouldn't hurt to save one cat's life. And also because my mom paid for her. If it wasn't for my mom suggesting it, I wouldn't have a cat with me right now.

Luna. That's her name. I was gonna name her "kuting" as Bing suggested but Luna's her original name and she responds to it so I think I'm gonna let her keep that name. She's a beautiful, adorable Seal Point Siamese.

I hope our relationship will workout. We're kind of in a trial period right now. I have 7 days to observe whether I really wanna keep her or not. But based on the way I feel, I wanna keep for a long time.

So we'll see how it goes. Welcome home, Luna!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home