Friday, September 09, 2005

Too Soon

Isn’t it too soon for overcast skies and cooler temps? Too soon for falling leaves and earlier sunsets. No, I’m not ready for Fall yet. I haven’t had enough with my Summer. I haven’t had enough of late sunsets, blue skies and the warmth of the midday sun. No, please, don’t go yet Summer. Stay for a while…

(I still have new running shorts to wear and cool tank tops I just bought. Hehehe.)

But I know you will go and nothing can stop you. You will leave me just like all the Summers in my past. They all left me, pining for more. But nevertheless, they all left me knowing that in less than a year, another Summer will come. Another Summer shall caress me with its warm days and beautiful sunsets. Another Summer that will always seem to be better than the last.

Oh Summer. Why do you have to be so fleeting? Why do you have to leave me dreading long winter nights and cold, rainy days? When will I learn to enjoy Winter just as much as I enjoy you? And when will I learn to embrace Fall just as much as I embrace you? What with its beautiful warm colors that soothes the heart that still grieving for Summer. Spring comes carrying bouquets of pretty flowers yet still not enough to cheer my heart that’s still longing for Summer.

Though I’m quite sad that you’re leaving this soon, I won’t cry. I will just rest inside my warm cocoon, content to just wait for another Summer to come.

So goodbye Summer. Go. Don’t hesitate now. No more of those tiny glimmer of false hopes peeking through dark winter clouds. And please don’t confuse me anymore with warm temps in early spring that last only for a moment.

Please, just go. And let me patiently wait for my next Summer to come. And when it does, your memory, too, will be long gone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home