Monday, November 27, 2006

Thankful

  • I am thankful for public universities that made graduate studies possible for me.
  • For a library system that acquires books when they are not available on the shelf.
  • For a laptop borrowing program in school where I can take em out for 4 hours within the school to do my powerpoint presentation in class.
  • For desktop computers in the library and for writely.com so I don't have to bring with me a CD or flash drive every time I work on my paper.
  • For the rain that makes the grass glisten when the sun comes out.
  • And the cool, crisp November air that gets me excited for Christmas.
  • Thankful for professors who inspire me to be the best that I can be
  • And thankful for my professors who challenge me with their unrealistic expectations - they are actually bringing out the best in me.
  • For flickr friends who amuse, teach and inspire me to take better photos.
  • I am thankful for a childhood friend who has been and will always be the sister I never had.
  • For a friend who knows me inside out and yet accepts me for who I am and who I am becoming.
  • For classmates who became my friends - because they understand the way I feel, and the tough times I am going through because of school and its demands, intellectually, financially and even emotionally.
  • And a family that will always be a haven when I need love and acceptance.
  • I am thankful for all the lessons learned, wounds healed and memories. They made me into who I am today.
  • And I am thankful for Luna, the best cat in the whole world. She warms my feet when I sleep at night and kisses me good morning as I wake up.
  • I am grateful for this wonderful life - no matter how bleak it looks sometimes, I am thankful for everyday reminders that it is a wonderful life - birds chirping, fog rolling in, a squirrel scurrying into the bushes, creamy chocolate ice cream and a slice of homemade tiramisu
  • I am thankful for everything that makes this life a wonderful one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home